Landlord's Notice Ending a Business Tenancy with Proposals for a New One - [LT1]  - (4 pages)
This form allows a landlord to end a business tenancy and propose terms for new tenancy
Further Information ( + show details )
1. L&T25(1) is a notice served on tenant by the landlord terminating the existing business tenancy, and offering to grant a new one, under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (LTA 1954).
2. L&T25(1) cannot be given before the last year of the term of the lease. In addition, this notice cannot be given if the tenant has served upon the landlord a request for a new tenancy under section 26 of the LTA 1954.
3. L&T25(1) must specify the date on which the landlord proposes to bring the existing lease to an end, this date cannot be earlier than:
(a) the end date of the lease; or
(b) six months from the date of giving the notice
4. The consequence of serving L&T25(1) is that either party has the right conferred by the LTA 1954 to apply to court for the grant of a new tenancy to the tenant. However, they must comply with the required timescales to preserve this right.
5. The landlord can oppose the tenant's application for a new lease, if he can satisfy one of the specific grounds of opposition set out in section 30(1) of the LTA 1954, for example if the tenant is persistently late in paying rent which has become due, or other substantial breaches of their obligations under the current tenancy, or if at the termination of the current tenancy the landlord intends to occupy the property, either to carry on a business or as a residence.
6. A significant benefit to the tenant of the renewal arrangements set out in the LTA 1954 is that the court can oversee, and if the parties cannot reach agreement, decide:
(a) the terms of the new lease to be granted;
(b) the length of the lease; and
(c) the rent payable.
Neither Oyez Professional Services, its servants, agents, employees, parent or associated companies nor the authors or publishers of the following information shall be liable to any person, persons or other legal entity for any losses, damages, costs or other claims, howsoever arising as a result of any information contained in or omitted from this site.
|Available Formats||hardcopy||PDF format|
Paper Form Pricing
|1 copy||2 copies||3 copies||4 copies||5 copies||10 copies||30 copies||50 copies||100 copies|
Other customers also purchased the following related items: